- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- Adrian Peterson Carted Off Field With Appparent Ankle Injury: Will Not Return (UPDATE)
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Copa Argentina Match Abandoned As Police Use Giant Water Hoses To Beat Back Pitch-Invading Fans
When Quilmes visited Union Villa Krause in the Copa Argentina on Wednesday night, things got a bit out of hand. At the end of the first half, away side Quilmes was leading 3-0 and the referee had already sent off Union Villa Krause striker Ariel Sánchez for diving in the Quilmes box. The UVK supporters were, shall we say, displeased, and ripped holes in the perimeter fence to storm the pitch in protest. Not sure how that would’ve helped matters, but rationality and anger don’t always intersect.
On-site police, however, responded in kind. And by in kind, we mean firing water from giant hoses at the rioting fans. In the video below, you can see one such example: a fan that had broken through was beaten back by water and retreated in defeat.
If you couldn’t have guessed, the match was abandoned.
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Cleverly To Continue Career At Cruiserweight
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- Head Injuries Are Part of Boxing But So Is Skill, Defense