- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Cristiano Ronaldo Just Cemented His Place As The Best Player In The World With This Hat Trick Against Sweden
Messi or Ronaldo, Ronaldo or Messi? (Or… Iniesta?) Cristiano Ronaldo just ended the debate with his World Cup qualifier performance against Sweden, netting a hat trick (including two goals in a two minute span) in the second half to clinch Portugal’s 2014 berth in Brazil.
Portugal was already up 1-0 on Sweden from the first leg, and just needed to hold off the game’s other heavyweight Zlatan Ibrahimovic (who had two fantastic goals of his own, by the way). In the 50th minute, Ronaldo did this:
Then after Ibrahimovic tied the game and then the aggregate with two goals in four minutes, Ronaldo went off, scoring two goals in two minutes. Here’s the second:
And the third:
Just an unreal performance by Ronaldo — not to mention some great passing by his teammates. Portugal moves on to Brazil with a 4-2 win, while Sweden will miss out on this latest World Cup.
Led photo via 30FPS
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence