- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Cristiano Ronaldo Just Cemented His Place As The Best Player In The World With This Hat Trick Against Sweden
Messi or Ronaldo, Ronaldo or Messi? (Or… Iniesta?) Cristiano Ronaldo just ended the debate with his World Cup qualifier performance against Sweden, netting a hat trick (including two goals in a two minute span) in the second half to clinch Portugal’s 2014 berth in Brazil.
Portugal was already up 1-0 on Sweden from the first leg, and just needed to hold off the game’s other heavyweight Zlatan Ibrahimovic (who had two fantastic goals of his own, by the way). In the 50th minute, Ronaldo did this:
Then after Ibrahimovic tied the game and then the aggregate with two goals in four minutes, Ronaldo went off, scoring two goals in two minutes. Here’s the second:
And the third:
Just an unreal performance by Ronaldo — not to mention some great passing by his teammates. Portugal moves on to Brazil with a 4-2 win, while Sweden will miss out on this latest World Cup.
Led photo via 30FPS
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager