- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
In Which We Force You To Watch The MLS Because David Beckham Scored Two Great Goals Yesterday
Yes, you’re about to watch MLS highlights. We’re sorry? Well, not really, since David Beckham of the LA Galaxy knocked in two wonderful goals from distance against Portland. The first comes from 35 yards out, as no defender steps up to him. So he strikes the ball with power and it dips and curves away from the keeper. Although that “you already knew I could do this” shrug felt unnecessarily smug, we’ll give him a pass for now.
Note: Landon Donovan doesn’t look overly impressed. Jealous, bro?
The second goal was equally impressive, as he’s standing nearly parallel to the goal line before stepping up to curl the free kick into the corner.
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row