- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
“Did You Just Say ‘Bags Of Urine!?’”
The Colorado Rapids headed to Honduras last night to take on Real España in the CONCACAF Champions League, and Fox Soccer announcers Mark Rogondino and Brian Dunseth discussed batteries and bags of urine as being factors the Rapids would have to face in San Pedro Sula.
It’s a particularly bizarre conversation for a variety of reasons — not the least of which is that Rogondino and Dunseth were not actually in Honduras, but calling the match from a Fox Soccer studio. Furthermore, Dunseth’s nonchalant attitude clashes with Rogondino’s indignant surprise which is then completely shattered when he acknowledges the allegations of Honduran fan misconduct were made earlier by Rapids midfielder Pablo Mastroeni.
A more natural pattern of conversation is nearly impossible to create in the sanitized space of a studio booth but Rogondino and Dunseth are solid broadcasters who can do better. In a real discussion, Rogondino would have immediately interrupted Dunseth halfway through the word “urine,” because, well, wouldn’t you?
As for the match, a team of mostly Rapids reserves managed a 1-1 draw against the Honduran side.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World