- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
“Did You Just Say ‘Bags Of Urine!?’”
The Colorado Rapids headed to Honduras last night to take on Real España in the CONCACAF Champions League, and Fox Soccer announcers Mark Rogondino and Brian Dunseth discussed batteries and bags of urine as being factors the Rapids would have to face in San Pedro Sula.
It’s a particularly bizarre conversation for a variety of reasons — not the least of which is that Rogondino and Dunseth were not actually in Honduras, but calling the match from a Fox Soccer studio. Furthermore, Dunseth’s nonchalant attitude clashes with Rogondino’s indignant surprise which is then completely shattered when he acknowledges the allegations of Honduran fan misconduct were made earlier by Rapids midfielder Pablo Mastroeni.
A more natural pattern of conversation is nearly impossible to create in the sanitized space of a studio booth but Rogondino and Dunseth are solid broadcasters who can do better. In a real discussion, Rogondino would have immediately interrupted Dunseth halfway through the word “urine,” because, well, wouldn’t you?
As for the match, a team of mostly Rapids reserves managed a 1-1 draw against the Honduran side.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'