- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
“Did You Just Say ‘Bags Of Urine!?’”
The Colorado Rapids headed to Honduras last night to take on Real España in the CONCACAF Champions League, and Fox Soccer announcers Mark Rogondino and Brian Dunseth discussed batteries and bags of urine as being factors the Rapids would have to face in San Pedro Sula.
It’s a particularly bizarre conversation for a variety of reasons — not the least of which is that Rogondino and Dunseth were not actually in Honduras, but calling the match from a Fox Soccer studio. Furthermore, Dunseth’s nonchalant attitude clashes with Rogondino’s indignant surprise which is then completely shattered when he acknowledges the allegations of Honduran fan misconduct were made earlier by Rapids midfielder Pablo Mastroeni.
A more natural pattern of conversation is nearly impossible to create in the sanitized space of a studio booth but Rogondino and Dunseth are solid broadcasters who can do better. In a real discussion, Rogondino would have immediately interrupted Dunseth halfway through the word “urine,” because, well, wouldn’t you?
As for the match, a team of mostly Rapids reserves managed a 1-1 draw against the Honduran side.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story