- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
“Did You Just Say ‘Bags Of Urine!?’”
The Colorado Rapids headed to Honduras last night to take on Real España in the CONCACAF Champions League, and Fox Soccer announcers Mark Rogondino and Brian Dunseth discussed batteries and bags of urine as being factors the Rapids would have to face in San Pedro Sula.
It’s a particularly bizarre conversation for a variety of reasons — not the least of which is that Rogondino and Dunseth were not actually in Honduras, but calling the match from a Fox Soccer studio. Furthermore, Dunseth’s nonchalant attitude clashes with Rogondino’s indignant surprise which is then completely shattered when he acknowledges the allegations of Honduran fan misconduct were made earlier by Rapids midfielder Pablo Mastroeni.
A more natural pattern of conversation is nearly impossible to create in the sanitized space of a studio booth but Rogondino and Dunseth are solid broadcasters who can do better. In a real discussion, Rogondino would have immediately interrupted Dunseth halfway through the word “urine,” because, well, wouldn’t you?
As for the match, a team of mostly Rapids reserves managed a 1-1 draw against the Honduran side.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Catcher Struck by Jose Offerman Speaks Out After Settlement
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy