- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Here's The Most Joyous Field Invasion You're Ever Likely To See (Video)
- Presenting The Portland Raiders: Everyone In The Black Hole Will Wear Flannel
- UPDATE: Ken Griffey Jr. Issues Apology After Awkward SportsCenter Interview
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Americans Can Watch Every Single Barclays Premier League Soccer Match On NBC, Starting Next Season
Snobby Americans, rejoice. We no longer have to use illegal streams to watch Barclays Premier League matches. NBC Sports will be broadcasting all 380 games, live (which is a big deal for them — remember the Olympics?), in some form.
For the first time ever fans will have live access to all 380 games of the Barclays Premier League. Here’s how it works. All matches will be presented live on television with studio pre and post game coverage. The matches will also be streamed live via NBC Sports Live Extra. Games not aired on a designated NBC Universal channel will be made available to distributors via Premier League Extra Time, a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost for customers who receive NBC Sports Network. As NBC acquired both English and Spanish rights, the bundle will include 76 Spanish-language telecasts, 10 on Telemundo, 66 on Mun2.
NBC Universal paid $250 million for BPL rights for three years, and it appears they’re going all out. The Premier League probably isn’t the best soccer league in the wolrd anymore, but it’s not too far off. This is exciting and will be a massive step forward for soccer in America, helping to bring it to the mainstream.
It’s also a huge step forward to making British accents more accessible in the U.S., and, hopefully, it will breed more Americans into the fine mold of British die-hards, like this wonderful Gooner.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes