- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
FIFA Reveals Frank Lampard Coming To NYCFC, Is Xavi Next Name To Drop?
First David Villa, now Chelsea’s Frank Lampard. Lifelong Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez could very well be next, as he’s reportedly met with NYCFC’s proxy CEO, Man City’s Ferraro Soriano in the interest of making a move at the ripe old age of 34.
Here’s the potentially unintended reveal from FIFA.com’s summer transfer rundown:
[FIFA.com] Prior to exiting Brazil 2014 at the first-round stage, Spain’s David Villa and England’s Frank Lampard had already sorted out the next phases of their impressive careers. The Atletico Madrid attacker and Chelsea midfielder have both committed themselves to newly-established New York City FC, set for an MLS debut in March 2015, and will keep themselves in shape by turning out for Australian side Melbourne City (formerly Melbourne Heart) in the meantime.
The trick for MLS teams going forward will be getting top tier stars late in their careers, or second and third tier guys in their prime. Samuel E’to and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have also expressed interest in coming to the MLS, so those name are definitely on the table for NYCFC, who aren’t technically in existence until next season — when both their contracts end with their current teams.
Four Manchester City players are rumored to be loaned out to the squad as well.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts