- YES!!!: WWE Star Daniel Bryan Chases Down Burglar And Foils Robbery
- How To Trade Fantasy Draft Picks For A Girlfriend (And Still Win Your League)
- Yasiel Puig Makes Dodgers History, Triples Three Times In One Game (VIDEO)
- Greg Maddux, Five Others Inducted To Baseball Hall Of Fame Today
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
This Is The End: David Moyes To Be Fired At Manchester United Say Reports, Grim Reaper
— Mark Donaldson (@DonaldsonESPN) April 21, 2014
David Moyes has been rumored to be on his way out as head coach of Manchester United for most of the season, but as Dickens taught us in “A Christmas Carol”, the deal is never sealed until the Grim Reaper shows up.
That’s what happened on Sunday, as Everton beat visiting Manchester United 2-0 at Goodison Park — Man U’s 11th loss of the season — with one Mr. G. Reaper in attendance (see above). Of course this would be just another fan at a Raiders home game, but in the Premier League he was a harbinger of unemployment — several sources are reporting that Moyes is to be fired, perhaps as soon as today. Sorry, since it’s England, let’s say “sacked”. London Daily Mail:
United’s owners the Glazer family have finally lost patience with Moyes after a dismal season that has seen the reigning Barclays Premier League champions slump to seventh in the table.
It is understood that the plan now is to sack Moyes at the end of the season but the situation could now come to a head later on Monday or in the coming days. If the former Everton boss is sacked before the season’s end, club legend Ryan Giggs will be asked to take over team affairs.
In terms of appointing a long-term successor, Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp, Holland’s Louis van Gaal and Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti are in the frame.
“In the frame.” Why can’t American sportswriting adopt some of these terms?
As for The Grim Reaper, he was ejected midway through the game — so one assumes that he didn’t walk into the stadium dressed that way. Word is that it was a stunt for Paddy Power — a top European betting site.
@DonaldsonESPN it was a paddy power stunt. Said person ejected from ground halfway through the first half
— Paul Butler (@bootboy100) April 21, 2014
QUALITY: An Everton fan has dressed up as The Grim Reaper & is stood directly behind David Moyes. pic.twitter.com/XIJJvARfDV
— BBC Sporf (@BBCSporf) April 20, 2014
The stunt seems to have caught on:
— Omar Momani (@omomani) April 21, 2014
The Reaper then caught a flight to New York and visited the Knicks.
- Filed Under:
- David Moyes
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Chris Algieri: 'I Will Shock the World Again' vs. Pacquiao
- Larry Holmes told King He Can't Beat Tyson