- Jozy Altidore Sets U.S. Record With Goal, Further Erases Memories Of Landon Donovan
- The Prancing Elites All-Male Dance Team Will One Day Rule The Sports World
- Shame Of Miami: Police Called As Heat Fans Who Left Early Pound On Doors To Be Let Back In
- Think Hitting One R.A. Dickey Knuckleball is Hard? Try Hitting Six At Once
- FIFA Rules Male Players Can Wear Turbans, Overruling CSA
Here’s Andrea Pirlo’s Chip Penalty Shot Against England That Helped Send Italy Through To The Semis In Euro 2012
In a match dominated by the Azzurri from start to finish, Italy’s Alessandro Diamanti knocked home the fifth and final penalty of his team’s quarterfinal match against England to send the Italians through to the semis. After no goals had been scored in regulation or overtime, it came down to penalties to determine who will be facing Germany in the semis. But the real star of the show was Andrea Pirlo, who calmly chipped the ball down middle on his penalty while England keeper Joe Hart, who dove to his right, watched the ball slowly float into the goal. Here’s Pirlo’s cheeky right foot at work:
Simply put, Pirlo’s got some balls. But it worked and Italy’s through, so more power to him.
Here’s Diamanti’s game-winning penalty and the subsequent Italian celebration:
Video via CJ Fogler
- Mike Carp is Out to Prove Everybody Wrong
- Should Marijuana Be Banned In The MMA?
- Trish Stratus Makes Sure We are Stratusfied!
- Kaitlyn Reacts to Her Wardrobe Malfunction