- Falcons Fans Bro Out, Nearly Ruin Emotional Moment Between Deion Sanders And Devin Hester
- Andy Murray Plays Both Sides Of The Net On Scotland Question
- Peyton Manning Says That Colorado's New Weed Laws Have Been Good For His Pizza Business
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Heroic Aston Villa Player Injures One Direction Star In Charity Game, Receives Death Threats
It happened at Celtic Park in Glasgow on Sunday, where Louis Tomlinson — one fifth of the boy band One Direction — was playing in a charity soccer match populated with real pro stars. Bad idea. He was soon sent in one direction by Aston Villa’s Gabriel Agbonlahor, who tackled Tomlinson near the goal early in the second half.
Boy band member down! Tomlinson writhed on the turf clutching his knee, eventually getting up and limping off the field. Then he puked. Well played.
Tomlinson was physically sick when he left the pitch, with screams from the watching fans each time he got the ball turning to gasps as they feared the worst for the singer.
Agbonlahor was cheered for the tackle – mainly from the male sections of the crowd – although with the game still going on, he was receiving a torrent of abuse on social media site Twitter.
Including death threats. Yep.
From Twitter posts during the match (which have now been removed):
@gabby_10 This guy hurt Louis knee. I shall hurt your face. I better hear that you apologized or I will find you, and I will kill you.
— #Ella (@Omg_Its_Ella) September 8, 2013
@gabby_10 i will chop your balls off
— louis tomlinson (@zaynoreos_) September 8, 2013
@gabby_10 DON’T EVER TOUCH LOUIS AGAIN WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE
— colleen (@mcluvinswag) September 8, 2013
“Agbonlahor smashed into him and he picked himself up and then was ill in the dressing room area, but he’s not too bad now I think,” Martin O’Neill, Tomlinson’s manager told reporters after the game.
Um, it wasn’t “in the dressing room area”, as you can see in the video.
“Face it Kent, you threw up ON Dean Wormer.”
Don’t forget to #prayforlouis, you guys! OMG!
— Shannon Wellman (@BYEShannon4) September 8, 2013
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever