- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Heroic Aston Villa Player Injures One Direction Star In Charity Game, Receives Death Threats
It happened at Celtic Park in Glasgow on Sunday, where Louis Tomlinson — one fifth of the boy band One Direction — was playing in a charity soccer match populated with real pro stars. Bad idea. He was soon sent in one direction by Aston Villa’s Gabriel Agbonlahor, who tackled Tomlinson near the goal early in the second half.
Boy band member down! Tomlinson writhed on the turf clutching his knee, eventually getting up and limping off the field. Then he puked. Well played.
Tomlinson was physically sick when he left the pitch, with screams from the watching fans each time he got the ball turning to gasps as they feared the worst for the singer.
Agbonlahor was cheered for the tackle – mainly from the male sections of the crowd – although with the game still going on, he was receiving a torrent of abuse on social media site Twitter.
Including death threats. Yep.
From Twitter posts during the match (which have now been removed):
@gabby_10 This guy hurt Louis knee. I shall hurt your face. I better hear that you apologized or I will find you, and I will kill you.
— #Ella (@Omg_Its_Ella) September 8, 2013
@gabby_10 i will chop your balls off
— louis tomlinson (@zaynoreos_) September 8, 2013
@gabby_10 DON’T EVER TOUCH LOUIS AGAIN WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE
— colleen (@mcluvinswag) September 8, 2013
“Agbonlahor smashed into him and he picked himself up and then was ill in the dressing room area, but he’s not too bad now I think,” Martin O’Neill, Tomlinson’s manager told reporters after the game.
Um, it wasn’t “in the dressing room area”, as you can see in the video.
“Face it Kent, you threw up ON Dean Wormer.”
Don’t forget to #prayforlouis, you guys! OMG!
— Shannon Wellman (@BYEShannon4) September 8, 2013
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts