- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Drake Lint-Rolling During Nets-Raptors Game Is The Most Drake Thing Ever
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Arkansas Has A New Logo That Looks Like Pumbaa From The Lion King
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Honk If You Support Krohnborg: Pro Soccer Team Returns From Break, Finds Road Built Over One Of Their Goals
You turn your back for one second, and there’s a road through your soccer field. Welcome to Norway. Ny Krohnborg IL is a Div. 4 team — yes, a pro team with uniforms and fans and everything — which now has an access road resting atop the spot where one of the goals on its playing field is supposed to be.
Krohnborg chairman Radney Thomsen was understandably peeved, telling BA:
“We were quite shocked when we discovered that the road cut [into the pitch]. The start of the season is just around the corner, but no one had informed us. We feel simply run over.
“It’s downright scary that the various sports clubs that use the pitch have not been told. They have “forgotten” to give notice for the second time in three years. This is not good enough.”
The managing director of the local sports council, Roar Andersen, echoed Thomsen’s ire:
“How can they go ahead with cutting path without informing us? There are several teams that have league matches here. I thought everyone agreed that the road shouldn’t be this shape.”
They could rename themselves the Ny Krohnborg Dodgers, I suppose, and play games with one goal resting atop the road. The game would have to be stopped when traffic approached: just like when you played three-flies-up or touch football in the street as a kid.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story