- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Indestructible Soccer Ball Gets Tested By A Lion And The Ball Wins
Tim Jahnigen is the man behind the One World Futbol Project, an initiative that has created a virtually indestructible soccer ball.
Jahnigen saw a problem in war-torn third-world countries, where he says that the average life of a typical soccer ball is only about an hour as kids play on makeshift pitches susceptible to the elements of their locale.
The solution to that problem came in the form of a ball that re-inflates itself and survives punctures wounds from knives and even more impressively, lion’s teeth. Jahnigen had the ball tested by a lion, which played with it for hours, biting and clawing away at the indestructo-ball before tiring itself out and conceding victory to the toy.
This philanthropic advancement in sports equipment is both fun to watch (because Katie Couric maniacally stabbing soccer balls is hilarious) and heartwarming (because its actually making life better for children in impoverished countries).
See for yourself:
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy