- Christiano Ronaldo Ejected, Crowd Throws Stuff
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- MMA In Pakistan? Watch This Awesome Documentary...
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
The Republic Of Ireland Has The Best Fans Ever
Take a look at the Irish serenading the national soccer team during their match today, and try to figure out what’s going on. If you guessed that Ireland kept their Euro 2012 hopes alive with an outstanding performance against Spain, you’d be very wrong. Ireland lost and it wasn’t even close. And yet, the fans stuck by their side. That’s what we call loving your team.
Spain took control early on a Fernando Torres goal in the fourth minute and never looked back, adding three more after the half to cruise, 4-0. But don’t tell that to the thousands of Irish fans who traveled to Poland for this tournament. They’re just happy to be there.
In fact, they sang “Fields of Athenry” a folk ballad adopted by the national team supporters, song for six minutes as the match drew to a close. Even the commentators kept (mostly) quiet the whole time (from Irish Central):
These fans made winners out of Ireland today — in that same way that everyone who plays Little League is a winner.
But seriously: Respect.
- Shocking Photos of WWE's New HUGE Wrestler
- The NBA's Millennial Generation Takeover Is Official
- Michelle Jenneke Shows Us What She's Got
- Kate Upton's Hottest Shots Yet