- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Italian Soccer Club Fined Because President Yelled Insults At The Referee On The Stadium Loudspeaker
During a recent fourth tier Italian soccer match between Nuovo Campobasso and Arzanese, Nuovo Campobasso club president Ferruccio Capone simply could not handle the rash of referee decisions going against his club. The final straw was drawn in the second half of the match when one of his players was sent off with a red card, so Capone exploded. Not to the media, Mark Cuban-style, but through a more direct method. Like, say, laying siege upon the announer’s booth, hijacking the microphone and yelling at the referee through the loudspeaker.
(Skip ahead to 3:10).
The club was fined €10,000 for Capone’s actions, which seems a little low – especially in light of the Spurs, who were fined $250,000 and are being sued for well, not saying anything.
- Filed Under:
- Pacers Trade Danny Granger to Sixers for Evan Turner
- Virgil Hunter: Manny Got Put to Sleep
- Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Decided to Hang up His Gloves
- Will Timothy Bradley Take Down Pacquiao Again?