- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Italian Soccer Club Fined Because President Yelled Insults At The Referee On The Stadium Loudspeaker
During a recent fourth tier Italian soccer match between Nuovo Campobasso and Arzanese, Nuovo Campobasso club president Ferruccio Capone simply could not handle the rash of referee decisions going against his club. The final straw was drawn in the second half of the match when one of his players was sent off with a red card, so Capone exploded. Not to the media, Mark Cuban-style, but through a more direct method. Like, say, laying siege upon the announer’s booth, hijacking the microphone and yelling at the referee through the loudspeaker.
(Skip ahead to 3:10).
The club was fined €10,000 for Capone’s actions, which seems a little low – especially in light of the Spurs, who were fined $250,000 and are being sued for well, not saying anything.
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts