- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Drake Lint-Rolling During Nets-Raptors Game Is The Most Drake Thing Ever
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Arkansas Has A New Logo That Looks Like Pumbaa From The Lion King
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Italian Soccer Player Drops His Pants And Fires A Rocket … Or Was It The Other Way Around?
If you’re like me, you’re a little tired of pro soccer players scoring goals and then whipping off their shirts. But sadly, I did not consider the horrible alternative.
It happened during Juventus’ 2-1 win over Pescara in a Serie A match in Turin today, moving the team 12 points ahead of second-place Napoli in the standings. The winning goal? That was a 72nd-minute penalty shot by Mirko Vucinic, who celebrated by dropping his shorts and romping pantless around the pitch.
Fortunately he was stopped before everyone could see his Mirko.
For the record, shedding your shorts in an Italian Serie game gets you a yellow card, same as taking off your shirt. I think the punishment here should be more severe, but that’s just me. Juventus coach Antonio Conte apparently agrees, because he dropped Mirko from the starting roster for their upcoming Champions League quarterfinal second-round match against Bayern Munich.
Fun fact: the man who discovered Vucinic is Lecce sporting director Pantaleo Corvino.
Photo: Associated Press.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story