- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Italian Soccer Player Drops His Pants And Fires A Rocket … Or Was It The Other Way Around?
If you’re like me, you’re a little tired of pro soccer players scoring goals and then whipping off their shirts. But sadly, I did not consider the horrible alternative.
It happened during Juventus’ 2-1 win over Pescara in a Serie A match in Turin today, moving the team 12 points ahead of second-place Napoli in the standings. The winning goal? That was a 72nd-minute penalty shot by Mirko Vucinic, who celebrated by dropping his shorts and romping pantless around the pitch.
Fortunately he was stopped before everyone could see his Mirko.
For the record, shedding your shorts in an Italian Serie game gets you a yellow card, same as taking off your shirt. I think the punishment here should be more severe, but that’s just me. Juventus coach Antonio Conte apparently agrees, because he dropped Mirko from the starting roster for their upcoming Champions League quarterfinal second-round match against Bayern Munich.
Fun fact: the man who discovered Vucinic is Lecce sporting director Pantaleo Corvino.
Photo: Associated Press.
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce