- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Italian Soccer Player Drops His Pants And Fires A Rocket … Or Was It The Other Way Around?
If you’re like me, you’re a little tired of pro soccer players scoring goals and then whipping off their shirts. But sadly, I did not consider the horrible alternative.
It happened during Juventus’ 2-1 win over Pescara in a Serie A match in Turin today, moving the team 12 points ahead of second-place Napoli in the standings. The winning goal? That was a 72nd-minute penalty shot by Mirko Vucinic, who celebrated by dropping his shorts and romping pantless around the pitch.
Fortunately he was stopped before everyone could see his Mirko.
For the record, shedding your shorts in an Italian Serie game gets you a yellow card, same as taking off your shirt. I think the punishment here should be more severe, but that’s just me. Juventus coach Antonio Conte apparently agrees, because he dropped Mirko from the starting roster for their upcoming Champions League quarterfinal second-round match against Bayern Munich.
Fun fact: the man who discovered Vucinic is Lecce sporting director Pantaleo Corvino.
Photo: Associated Press.
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- Niners Lose in a Manner Most Foul
- Reconstructing Manny Pacquiao | RingTV
- Chargers Have The Best Receiver In The NFL