- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
We Can Only Hope New U.S. Soccer Coach Jurgen Klinsmann Celebrates Every Goal Like This
Jurgen Klinsmann debuted as head coach of the U.S. men’s soccer team last night, piloting the squad to a 1-1 friendly draw with Mexico (that quite possibly could have been a win if not for a couple key missed calls). The Americans fell behind early, but thanks to a connection between 21-year-old midfielder Brek Shea and Robbie Rogers, evened the score in the 73rd minute. This excited Klinsmann. How much did it excite him? This much:
That’s Chris-Petersen-after-Boise-State-beat-Oklahoma-level (4:50 mark here) stuff. Needless to say, we approve – with both the enthusiasm and the way it was expressed – and we hope Klinsmann will have reason for many more celebrations like it. And if you would prefer the celebration above in animated GIF form, our own Tim Burke created one. Not a bad start to the Klinsmann era.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story