- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Lionel Messi Sets Record With 86th Goal This Year
With two goals in today’s match between Barcelona and Real Betis, Lionel Messi has broken a 39-year-old record previously believed to be untouchable and set a new mark for goals in one year with 86.
The previous record holder, Gerd Müller, set the previous mark of 85 with Bayern Munich and West Germany from 1972-73, helping contributed to Bayern winning the 1972 and 1973 Bundesliga titles and to West Germany winning Euro ’72.
Messi sets the new record not only with three matches left in December, but also just days removed from a knee injury sustained Wednesday.
Take a look at the play that now belongs to the ages:
Kudos to Messi for setting a mark that will hopefully last as long as the previous record.
- Filed Under:
- lionel messi
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ