- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Manchester City Slip-N-Slide Contest May Have Been Won By The Equipment Manager
Sports in Britain are weird. Apparently you can be a top-flight player in pro soccer, and then become a coach, and them you’re the equipment manager: and apparently that’s seen as a normal route of progression.
Here’s Les Chapman, 64, who evidently was once a pretty good player: he spent 22 seasons in Britain’s Football League, and also spent a season with the San Jose Earthquakes when they were in the NASL. He then became an assistant coach, and now he’s the “kit man” for Manchester City of the Premier League. That roughly equates to equipment manager here, although there isn’t much more equipment in soccer than uniforms and cleats.
Chapman is somewhat of a legendary prankster, and looks it: part leprechaun, part Benny Hill. Today he took on players Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany in a “Klinsmann Dive” contest after Man City’s practice had been rained out. Who ya got?
— Manchester City FC (@MCFC) July 26, 2013
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts