- Ndamukong Suh Roughs Chad Henne, Hasn't Changed At All (GIF)
- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- The Suns Are Trying To Slide In And Snag Kevin Love At The Last Second
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Manchester City Slip-N-Slide Contest May Have Been Won By The Equipment Manager
Sports in Britain are weird. Apparently you can be a top-flight player in pro soccer, and then become a coach, and them you’re the equipment manager: and apparently that’s seen as a normal route of progression.
Here’s Les Chapman, 64, who evidently was once a pretty good player: he spent 22 seasons in Britain’s Football League, and also spent a season with the San Jose Earthquakes when they were in the NASL. He then became an assistant coach, and now he’s the “kit man” for Manchester City of the Premier League. That roughly equates to equipment manager here, although there isn’t much more equipment in soccer than uniforms and cleats.
Chapman is somewhat of a legendary prankster, and looks it: part leprechaun, part Benny Hill. Today he took on players Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany in a “Klinsmann Dive” contest after Man City’s practice had been rained out. Who ya got?
— Manchester City FC (@MCFC) July 26, 2013
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'