- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Italy’s Mario Balotelli Had The Euro 2012 Play Of The Day
Italy beat Ireland 2-0 earlier today to advance to the knockout stage of Euro 2012, and it did so thanks in part to some late help from striker Mario Balotelli. Balotelli didn’t start today, and it’d been a bit of a rough tournament for him to date – he was a relative non-factor in Italy’s first two matches, endured racist chants during Italy’s match against Croatia, hurt his knee during training, and was benched for the start of the Ireland game.
And that’s about where everything turned. Balotelli was subbed in late today, and when he got a chance with his side protecting a 1-0 lead and mere minutes to go, it didn’t matter that he had an Irish defender draped all over him – he was making the most of that chance:
And here it is in gif form, via SB Nation:
It wasn’t long ago that Italy was winning the World Cup. It might be asking a bit too much for them to threaten at the Euro championships this year, but if Balotelli finds that kind of form consistently, the Italians might be back at that level sooner rather than later.
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Manny Pacquiao's Workout Secrets Caught on Film