- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Mario Balotelli Got Two Yellow Cards Within Four Minutes, Then Punched A Wall
So the brief Twitter feud between Mario Balotelli and Usain Bolt didn’t end well for either. On Thursday Bolt was beaten by Justin Gatlin in the 100 meters in Rome, and then today Balotelli was booked for two yellows inside of a four-minute period and sent packing from Italy’s World Cup qualifying match wit the Czech Republic.
Mario departed in the 72nd minute with no score, earning both pieces of plastic in a four-minute span. He then punched and kicked a wall in the tunnel.
The match ended in a scoreless tie, which means Italy is still unbeaten through seven final-stage qualifying matches.
Their hopes of doing just that were significantly boosted by Balotelli’s dismissal, with the striker shown two yellow cards after two needless fouls in the space four minutes, though it must be said that the second booking, for throwing his hand in the face of Theodor Gebre Selassie, was harsh in the extreme.
- Filed Under:
- Mario Balotelli
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?