- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
MLS Player Headbutts Opposing Player, Promptly Ejected
During an MLS match on Saturday, the action turned ugly between the Philadelphia Union and Montreal Impact. The incident began when Union forward Antoine Hoppenot took down Nelson Rivas of the Impact. Having only seen this play, I have no idea if there were any other hard fouls during the game, or if something had been brewing the first 67 minutes of the match.
The ref quickly called the foul on Hoppenot, but Rivas thought he was deserving of a little more discipline. So he popped up, walked over to Hoppenot, and headbutted him straight in the dome. A Union player quickly came over and shoved Rivas down. Both Rivas and Jack McInerney (who came to Hoppenot’s aid) were given red cards.
Via ESPN Radio
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story