- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Not The Best Way To Play Defense: Kicking The Ball Into Your Own Goal
As of this writing, it’s 3-0 Bayern Munich over Barcelona, which means the Champions League semifinal is now 7-0 on aggregate. While it was already a long shot for Barca to come back today, kicking the ball into your own net — already down one goal on the day — certainly didn’t help.
As Bayern’s Frank Ribery sliced through the defense and went for the cross in front of the net, Barca defender Gerard Pique jumped in front of the pass. Needless to say, he probably wasn’t looking for this result:
Again, it really made no difference either way. But in this stunning collapse over two games, this is just one more ugly, confusing nail in Barca’s Champions League coffin.
[UPDATE: Yep, 3-0 final. Glad that's over with.]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts