- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Only In Soccer Would A Fan Throw A Smoke Bomb At Players On The Pitch
Take Sunday’s match between Turkish clubs Galatasaray and Trabzonspor, when Burak Yilmaz of Galatasaray was watching his poor effort on goal meekly skip wide. Moments later, an unidentiable object came streaking in and nailed him in the head. Yilmaz went down and into the fetal position because soccer players are fragile, and that seemed to be that. Except when Trabzonspor defender Giray Kacar went to check on Yilmaz, in came the exploding smoke bomb.
It should also be noted that Yilmaz played for Trabzonspor as recently as last year, and in ’11 – ’12 he scored 33 goals in 30 appearances. But that wasn’t enough to stave off the wrath of his former supporters.
We’d also like to point out that the YouTube uploader claims it was fireworks, but it definitely has a more smoke-bombish feel to it. You know, because we’re very familiar with explosives. Like, really familiar.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles