- Worst Flop Of The NBA Playoffs So Far? I Think We Have A Winner
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- Let's Watch An Epic Bungee Jump Basketball Shot
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
When Drinking Pepsi Goes Wrong: Ronaldhino Loses Sponsor For Soda Snafu
Ronaldhino, a Brazilian soccer star who not too long ago was in the “best player on the planet” discussion, currently plays for Atlético Mineiro in the Brazilian League. But at a recent press conference, while fielding questions, it wasn’t one of the midfielders answers that got him in hot water. Rather, it was his choice of beverage.
The 32-year old, who is sponsored by Coca-Cola, was sipping on Pepsi, which apparently didn’t go over too well with the people at Coke.
Per Yahoo! Sports:
Ronaldinho stunned Coke chiefs by turning up at a press conference and sipping nonchalantly from a can of their arch-rivals’ fizzy pop. Furious bosses at the Atlanta-based firm immediately demanded that the plug be pulled on his huge endorsement deal, according to a report in the ‘O Estado de Sao Paulo’ newspaper.
Ronaldhino’s sponsorship deal was worth £500,000, or 750,000 freedom dollars. That’s a lot of cans of Pepsi down the drain for drinking from the wrong can once. I personally don’t drink soda; I stay away from the stuff. Maybe Ronaldhino will follow suit. Or maybe his addiction to Pepsi will take over his life. Either, or.
- New In The NBA: Meet The Pelicans
- Zdeno Chara Anchors Bruins' Makeshift Defense
- What Are Your Expectations For Tyron Spong's MMA Career?
- Did Lebron Have a Lovechild With This Newscaster?