- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Watch As Soccer Goalie Gets A Red Card For Defending Himself Against A Crazy Fan
In a Dutch League match between AZ Alkmaar and Ajax, AZ goaltender Esteban Alvarado was attacked by an angry fan by way of a drop-kick. Naturally, Alvarado retaliated and dropped a few kicks of his own. Seemed only fair, right? Apparently not. Unfortunately for AZ, Alvarado was given a red card and kicked from the game for, well, self defense.
It seems pretty ridiculous that Alvarado would be given a red card in this instance. I suppose the referee expected him to sit there and take the beating like a gentleman. What ever happened to “punks jump up to get beat down”? That rule must not apply in Dutch League soccer.
Here’s the video of the attack, showing Alvarado do exactly what any one of us would have done if we were in his position.
AZ manager Gertjan Verbeek was so upset by the red card that he pulled his team off the field, essentially ending the game with Ajax up 1-0. There’s no word on whether or not the match will be resumed, but one has to believe that they probably have no intention at the moment of finishing the game.
- Filed Under:
- Soccer Fight
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar