- Hunter Pence Did Not Know That Kansas City Is In Missouri
- Jimbo Fisher Literally Can't Even With These Jameis Winston Questions
- ESPN The Magazine Puts Out Hit Piece On Kobe Bryant, Says He's 'Destroying' The Lakers From Within
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Shocking: Soccer Player Kicks Owl In Face, Met With Chants Of “Murderer! Murderer!”
Well, this is pretty much the most terrible thing ever. A soccer player kicked an owl during a soccer match in Colombia, and the whole ugly incident was caught by TV cameras.
The owl, which was the good luck charm for home team Junior Barranquilla, was hit by a soccer ball after it landed on the field. As referees waited for the animal’s handlers to come scoop the bird up, a member of the opposing side, Pereira, came over and promptly kicked the cute little owl in the face. He was immediately and appropriately met with a chorus of boos from the home crowd, and chants of “Murderer! Murderer!”
The player who kicked the bird, Luis Moreno, gave the worst apology ever following the incident:
“I apologize to the fans, it wasn’t my intention, I did it to see if the owl could fly,” said Moreno after the game, which he left amid a heavy police guard.
Meanwhile, the owl is currently recovering in a veterinary clinic in Colombia.
Watch video of the owl kicking here:
- Filed Under:
- Soccer Player Kicks Owl
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts