- Worst Flop Of The NBA Playoffs So Far? I Think We Have A Winner
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- Let's Watch An Epic Bungee Jump Basketball Shot
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
Spain Loses To Honduras 1-0 In Soccer, Is Knocked Out Of Olympics
It’s been a while since Spain has lost a major soccer tournament, winning the last two Euros and the 2010 World Cup. Even though more famous names such as Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta and Gerard Pique did not make the trip, the team was still expected to compete for a gold medal. During today’s match against Honduras, which was expected to result in an easy Spanish victory, that plan went haywire.
After a shocking 1-0 loss to Japan earlier in group play, the Spanish went down 1-0 to Honduras in the first half after a powerful header from Jerry Bengtson in the 7th minute. Playing with their backs against the wall, the Spanish dominated possession, but ultimately blew every scoring chance, including three strikes off the woodwork. By the end of the match, they were left without a goal and trip back home.
This is all good and well, a smaller Central American country upsetting mighty Spain, but we’re still waiting for someone to dethrone the mighty Spanish national squad at full strength. In the meantime, we’ll get back to watching Croatian basketball.
- WWE Signing New Top Wrestlers, Saturn/WWE, Damien Sandow Note
- Brooke Hogan's Wardrobe Malfunction
- 100 Awesome Pictures of Pro Athletes as Rookies
- Alana Blanchard: The Hottest Sufer in the World