- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Hey, Football Fans: You Can Travel With Your Team For Free! (Disclaimer: They’ll Almost Never Win)
Of course, we’re not talking about the NFL (sorry for exciting you, Jets fans!). We’re talking about the English Premier League, and we’re talking about Stoke City.
Stoke City are offering supporters free coach travel to all 19 of their Premier League away games this season.
Beginning with the trip to Liverpool on the first day of the season, coaches will take fans from the Britannia Stadium to each away league fixture.
The club are using the increase in TV revenue to fund the initiative.
The new £3bn Premier League TV deal will see top-flight sides receive £55m a year, and even if a club is relegated, they will still receive parachute payments of around £60m.
Alright, this is pretty awesome, getting to travel for free, and with your fellow fans. It’s also something we’ll never see in the U.S.
But the “Potters” (yes, the “Potters”) won just two away games last year, so you’re probably better off staying at home.
- Filed Under:
- Stoke City
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence