- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Hey, Football Fans: You Can Travel With Your Team For Free! (Disclaimer: They’ll Almost Never Win)
Of course, we’re not talking about the NFL (sorry for exciting you, Jets fans!). We’re talking about the English Premier League, and we’re talking about Stoke City.
Stoke City are offering supporters free coach travel to all 19 of their Premier League away games this season.
Beginning with the trip to Liverpool on the first day of the season, coaches will take fans from the Britannia Stadium to each away league fixture.
The club are using the increase in TV revenue to fund the initiative.
The new £3bn Premier League TV deal will see top-flight sides receive £55m a year, and even if a club is relegated, they will still receive parachute payments of around £60m.
Alright, this is pretty awesome, getting to travel for free, and with your fellow fans. It’s also something we’ll never see in the U.S.
But the “Potters” (yes, the “Potters”) won just two away games last year, so you’re probably better off staying at home.
- Filed Under:
- Stoke City
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts