- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
THANK YOU COCAINE: Puma Gets PWND By Twitter In Epic Marketing Fail
Oh Puma. Puma Puma Puma Puma Puma…when will you learn that the internet is constantly trying to ruin everything? The massive apparel company asked fans to tweet at Puma-sponsored stars like Marco Reus and Radamel Falcao, who were expected to then tweet out handwritten messages in return.
The problem was, there was no oversight. No curation. This is what happened: (It says “Liverpoolarewank.”)
Here’s how The Daily Mail explains it…
[Daily Mail] The blunder comes after Puma invited Twitter users to tweet footballers such as Mario Balotelli, Marco Reus, Sergio Aguero, Cesc Fabregas and Radamel Falcao, promising personalised replies from the footballers.
But some fans soon cottoned on to the fact that the replies, which came in the form of a digitally autographed picture with the hashtag #Fastergraph, were addressed to the Twitter usernames of the fans who tweeted their favourite footballers.
By temporarily changing their Twitter names, users could trick the automated system into sending out lewd messages for all the world to see.
Let this be a lesson: Hire someone to monitor your social media marketing campaigns (and don’t just throw an intern at it).
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts