- Fantasy Football Offensive Primer For The 2014 NFL Season
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brian Hoyer Is The Starter In Cleveland, But Not For Long
- The NFL's VP Of Officiating Explains The Crazy Spike In Penalties
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
The Lady Who Designed Qatar’s Vagina-Esque Stadium Has No Idea What You’re Talking About
Zaha Hadid is an award-winning architect best known for the “powerful, curving forms of her elongated structures.” Also, she designed a stadium that looks like a vagina. At least that’s what nearly everybody, including us, thought when proposed design for Qatar’s 2022 World Cup stadium, Al Wakrah, was unveiled. Not really a big deal, though certainly notable.
But Hadid isn’t happy with the reception her creation is getting. She talked to TIME Magazine about it:
“It’s really embarrassing that they come up with nonsense like this,” Hadid tells TIME exclusively. “What are they saying? Everything with a hole in it is a vagina? That’s ridiculous.”
The curved, open roof is meant to evoke the the sail of the dhow, a traditional fishing boat common in Qatar. “Honestly, if a guy had done this project,” she adds, critics would not be making such lewd comparisons.
I mean… it’s pink. It does indeed have a hole in the middle. It’s supposed to evoke a fishing boat, and vaginas also evoke boats. It’s not that much of a stretch.
Like I said: It’s not a big deal. Buildings look like penises all the time. Look at this guy. In fact, the standard form for an office building is to appear phallic.
I, for one, am glad for the change of pace. It looks nice. As long as you don’t put hair on this thing, like The Daily Show did, we should be fine.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts