- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
This Day In Sports History: Brazillian Ref Stabs Player, Gets Beheaded By Angry Fans
Nothing says “cool it with the flopping, you guys,” quite like a shank to the kidneys. That’s apparently what happened at an amateur soccer match at Pius XII stadium in Maranhao (yes, named after a Pope) when 20-year-old official Octavio da Silva Catanhede Jordan sent off Josenir dos Santos Abreu for, I don’t know, does it really matter? He stabbed him because he wouldn’t leave. And it killed him.
Then everyone cut Octavio da Silva Catanhede Jordan up into little pieces.
I’m guessing this puts the whole Angle Hernandez’s/Chipper Jones thing into perspective……
In all seriousness, this really happened. The referee’s head was placed on a spike (by the stabbed player’s family/fellow paramilitary members) as retaliation. Or maybe just a warning to other referees. Or just people in general who are thinking of coming to Brazil for the World Cup next year.
Video of the fallout from the incident exists, because, ya know, its 2013 and the world is a terrible place. NSFW, unless you work at a morgue or the seventh layer of hell. I suggest you don’t click it unless you’re some sort of autopsy doctor or the devil incarnate.
- Filed Under:
- Crazy Soccer Fans
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier