- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
This Day In Sports History: Brazillian Ref Stabs Player, Gets Beheaded By Angry Fans
Nothing says “cool it with the flopping, you guys,” quite like a shank to the kidneys. That’s apparently what happened at an amateur soccer match at Pius XII stadium in Maranhao (yes, named after a Pope) when 20-year-old official Octavio da Silva Catanhede Jordan sent off Josenir dos Santos Abreu for, I don’t know, does it really matter? He stabbed him because he wouldn’t leave. And it killed him.
Then everyone cut Octavio da Silva Catanhede Jordan up into little pieces.
I’m guessing this puts the whole Angle Hernandez’s/Chipper Jones thing into perspective……
In all seriousness, this really happened. The referee’s head was placed on a spike (by the stabbed player’s family/fellow paramilitary members) as retaliation. Or maybe just a warning to other referees. Or just people in general who are thinking of coming to Brazil for the World Cup next year.
Video of the fallout from the incident exists, because, ya know, its 2013 and the world is a terrible place. NSFW, unless you work at a morgue or the seventh layer of hell. I suggest you don’t click it unless you’re some sort of autopsy doctor or the devil incarnate.
- Filed Under:
- Crazy Soccer Fans
- San Antonio Spurs' Boris Diaw Crashes Bachelorette Party
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Ronda Rousey Ran Over Alexis Davis