- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Day In Sports History: Brazillian Ref Stabs Player, Gets Beheaded By Angry Fans
Nothing says “cool it with the flopping, you guys,” quite like a shank to the kidneys. That’s apparently what happened at an amateur soccer match at Pius XII stadium in Maranhao (yes, named after a Pope) when 20-year-old official Octavio da Silva Catanhede Jordan sent off Josenir dos Santos Abreu for, I don’t know, does it really matter? He stabbed him because he wouldn’t leave. And it killed him.
Then everyone cut Octavio da Silva Catanhede Jordan up into little pieces.
I’m guessing this puts the whole Angle Hernandez’s/Chipper Jones thing into perspective……
In all seriousness, this really happened. The referee’s head was placed on a spike (by the stabbed player’s family/fellow paramilitary members) as retaliation. Or maybe just a warning to other referees. Or just people in general who are thinking of coming to Brazil for the World Cup next year.
Video of the fallout from the incident exists, because, ya know, its 2013 and the world is a terrible place. NSFW, unless you work at a morgue or the seventh layer of hell. I suggest you don’t click it unless you’re some sort of autopsy doctor or the devil incarnate.
- Filed Under:
- Crazy Soccer Fans
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot