- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- Should ESPN's Heather Cox Apologize For Her Post-Game Jameis Winston Interview?
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- Bill Belichick Reveals How To Win When Your Team Is Down Two Touchdowns
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Topless Euro Protesters Are Still Around, And Now They’re Interrupting Pigs (NSFW, Obviously)
Ever since Paul the Octopus (R.I.P.) rocketed to fame during the 2010 World Cup for his dead-on match predictions (and by “predictions” we mean “randomly choosing the food in the container with the correct label”), no major sporting event would be caught dead without an animal mascot “predicting” the outcomes of games.
For Euro 2012, that animal (well, one of them; there are apparently several) is Funtik the pig, located in Kiev, Ukraine. Apparently, Funtik’s done pretty well
eating food picking games, but he’s not being treated with reverence by everyone just yet. Why, just today, when he was ready to make his picks, he was upstaged by a familiar foe: a topless protester. There have been several topless protester incidents outside Euro 2012, remember (they’re protesting because they believe Euro 2012 will increase sex tourism in Ukraine), but not all of them have led to a headline this good, via Off the Bench:
That right there is a true gem – though, as you’ll see below, one could make the case that Funtik wasn’t shocked at all, considering he pretty much just stood there as the protester went to town. You can see for yourself below, though, as some photos were snapped while this was happening. Needless to say, while we’ve censored them a bit, if you’re at work, you probably don’t want to click through (then again, if you’re at work, you’re probably not looking at this post at all). So here goes. Photos by Sergei Supinsky for AFP, by way of Getty.
- Filed Under:
- euro 2012
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind