- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS: The Dutch Barely Squeak By After A Remarkable Effort By Australia
Wow — what a game. Two instantaneous equalizers and the best goal of the tournament. The Dutch move through to the knockout stage while the Soccer Roos are officially out. Here’s the Group B table as it stands going into the Chile-Spain match, which you can watch live streaming here.
Check for Twitter updates on the official hashtag of the match, #AUSNED, also embedded in this page.
- Lineups and formations…
— Jake O'Donnell (@_JakeODonnell) June 18, 2014
- Martins Indi taken down by Tim Cahill, needs to be tended to. No foul given.
- Sounding like a home game for the Aussies. Crowd clearly in their favor as they have dominated possession in the first seven minutes.
HOLLAND SCORES (21′)
- Arjen Robben puts it past Australian keeper Mat Ryan to go up 1-0.
AUSTRALIA EQUALIZES (22′)
- Red Bulls star Tim Cahill scores for the second time this World Cup with the best goal yet. Perfect struck volley moments after the Dutch got on the board. They’re all even at 1-1.
- Australia keeps knocking, nearly score twice more in the stretch of 2 minutes. Mark Bresciano’s uncontested one-timer from 14 yards out sails just over the bar, then a set piece produces an easy chance for defender Matthew Spiranovic who can’t make solid contact just outside 6-yard box.
DOUBLE YELLOW FOR AUSTRALIA (43′)
- Tim Cahill gets his second yellow in two games and will miss the next match after a rough challenge on Martins Indi, who’s been carted off the field. Looks like a knee injury.
- Martins Indi will not return as he is replaced by Memphis Depay. The Dutch revert back to 4-3-3 formation.
HALFTIME: AUS 1-1 NED
DOUBLE YELLOW FOR HOLLAND (47′)
- Huge blow to The Netherlands as Robin Van Persie gets his second yellow in two matches, will miss next match against Chile.
- Wesley Sneijder blasts one from outside the box.
- Oliver Bozanic comes on for midfielder Mark Bresciano (55′)
AUSTRALIA GOES UP ON PK (53′)
- Mile Jedinak scores after handball is called on Daryl Janmaat in the box. Aussies lead 2-1 after coming into the match with a 1% chance of advancing.
VAN PERSIE EQUALIZES (55′)
- Amazing how the two equalizing goals in this match have come within seconds of each other. Getting crazy. Score sits at 2-2.
GOAL HOLLAND (68′)
- After Australia’s Mathew Leckie squandered an easy opportunity down the other end, Dutch sub Memphis Depay puts one in from 30 yards out. The Netherlands now lead 3-2.
SUBSTITUTION AUSTRALIA (68′)
- 34-year-old Tim Cahill comes off for Ben Halloran in what could very well be his last World Cup match (his second yellow today disqualifies him from playing against Spain next week).
- AUSTRALIA: Tommy Oar comes off for forward Adam Taggart
- HOLLAND: Jonathan De Guzmán replaced by Georginio Wijnaldum
SUBSTITUTION HOLLAND (87′)
- Jeremain Lens comes on for Robin Van Persie, who won’t play until the knockout stage.
FINAL SCORE: HOLLAND 3 – 2 AUSTRALIA
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts