- 6 Fantasy Football Trade Tools Everyone Should Use
- Mere Humans Are Powerless Against The Might Of The Dallas Stars Jumbotron
- Will The Bengals Break The Patriots For Good This Weekend?
- Will Ferrell Just Yells At Derek Jeter For An Entire Four Minutes
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
LUIS SUAREZ STUNS ENGLAND: Uruguay Wins 2-1 Because They Have The Best Striker On Earth
England just couldn’t convert on a few easy opportunities, while Uruguay — helped by the fact that Diego Godin wasn’t given his second yellow card in the first half — simply got it to their star and he converted.
Here’s what Group D looks like as of right now:
Follow the Twitter reaction, below…
- Your lineups and formations…
Lineups and formations pic.twitter.com/MQgU1wU8ka
— Jake O'Donnell (@_JakeODonnell) June 19, 2014
- Uruguay already a bit shakey at the back as keeper Fernando Muslera mishandles a slow rolling through ball by Leighton Baines.
- Wayne Rooney almost converts tournament’s first free kick goal after handball yellow card outside the box (Diego Godín, 9′)
- Suarez’s first free kick was just slightly too much.
- Diego Godin should’ve been given his second yellow for smacking Daniel Sturridge in the face during an attacking effort just outside the Uruguayan box.
- Rooney misses header from point blank range off of set piece.
URUGUAY SCORES (39′)
- Suarez finesses a header past Joe Hart, via beautiful on-sides pass from Edison Cavani. Perfection. 1-0 Uruguay lead.
HALFTIME: URUGUAY 1 – 0 ENGLAND
- First half stats:
- Luis Suarez almost scores on a corner kick, as in SCORING FROM THE CORNER. Remarkable what this guy can do.
- Suarez gets all the time in the world to line up a shot on Joe Hart, miss hits it. Minutes later, Cavani gets one on one with Hart and does the same. Still 1-0 Uruguay (52′)
- Wayne Rooney stoned again inside the 6-yard box. Definitely getting unlucky but you’d expect the best player on your team to aim at the open parts of the goal.
- Uruguayan defender Alvaro Pereria takes a knee to the head, gets stretchered off, then demands to come back in.
- ENGLAND: Ross Barkley comes on for Raheem Sterling (64′)
- URUGUAY: Christian Stuani replaces Nicolás Lodeiro (66′)
YELLOW CARD ENGLAND
- Steven Gerrard booked.
SUBSTITUTION ENGLAND (70′)
- Adam Lallana on for Danny Welbeck
WAYNE ROONEY EQUALIZES WITH HIS FIRST WORLD CUP GOAL (75′)
- Rooney off a great ball from Glen Johnson who snuck into the box. England is fired up and looking for more, need to be careful about leaving themselves vulnerable to counterattack.
LUIS SUAREZ SCORES OFF OF PUNT FROM KEEPER (85′)
- Not exactly “a punt from the keeper,” Muselera punted it and it was flicked on by Steven Gerrard to a streaking Suarez who does what the world’s deadlist striker does in a one on one. Bang, 2-1 Uruguay lead again.
SUBSTITUTION URUGUAY (88′)
- Sebastián Coates comes on for Luis Suarez, who is probably really tired from all that goal scoring.
FINAL: URUGUAY 2 – 1 ENGLAND
- Final stats as England is (virtually) eliminated from the 2014 World Cup.
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Mayweather Jr. Vows to be Better Faster Stronger
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers