- 3 Dumb Ways To Change the NBA Draft Lottery As Dumb As Current System
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Bryce Brown Or Anthony Dixon -- Which Bills RB Should You Grab?
- World Trashes Kobe; Kobe Responds With Vintage Performance
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
France Just Put On A Goal Scoring Clinic Against Switzerland In Group E Action
France just could not stop scoring against the Swiss, who looked overwhelmed early on. This win puts the French through to the next round. Here’s what Group E currently looks like:
Keep up with the reaction on the official Twitter hashtag of France-Switzerland:
- Lineups and formations…
— Jake O'Donnell (@_JakeODonnell) June 20, 2014
- Karim Benzema — you’ll be hearing that name a lot today. Six minutes in and he’s already taken aim over the Swiss defense to no avail.
SUBSTITUTION SWITZERLAND (9′)
- Steve Von Bergen gets kicked in the eyebrow, draws blood, is replaced by Philippe Senderos.
FRANCE SCORES TWICE IN 30 SECONDS (17′)
- Oliver Giroud (Aresenal) makes an miraclous no look header off a corner, then Karim Benzema finds Blaise Matuidi in space off a costly Swiss turnover 20 seconds later.
- Swizterland’s Admir Mehmedi puts a shot on and Hugo Lloris stands on his head to stop it and the rebound.
- Penalty in the box results in Karim Benzema PK, which he fails to convert. The follow up by Yohan Cabaye goes off the post. Crazy sequence keeps Switzerland in this game (33′).
FRANCE SCORES ON COUNTERATTACK (40′)
- Mathieu Valbuena converts on perfect pass from a streaking Oliver Giroud.
Starting to get ugly This game has gotten ugly. French fans have begun celebratory conga line around stadium.
HALFTIME: FRANCE 3 – 0 SWITZERLAND
- First half stats…
SUBSTITUTION SWITZERLAND (45′)
- Blerim Dzemaili on for Valon Behrami
SUBSTITUTIONS FRANCE (63′, 66′)
- Paul Pogba comes in for Olivier Giroud
- Mamadou Sakho replaced by Laurent Koscielny
FRANCE SCORES AGAIN (66′)
- Benzema scores his third (or fourth, depending on how you viewed his Honduran deflection goal) of the tournament as the French show no sign of letting up.
FRANCE SCORES AGAIN, AGAIN (72′)
- Everybody getting in on the action as Moussa Sissoko scores his first international goal. France lead 5-0.
SWITZERLAND SCORES (’81)
- Blerim Dzemaili scores the tournament’s first free kick goal from what appears to be 35-40 yards out. Not much consolation but definitely a highlight for ol’ Blerim.
SWITZERLAND SCORES ANOTHER BEAUTY (’87)
- Granit Xhaka gets played on by Gokhan Inler chip pass, hammers home a difficult volley for Switzerland’s second goal. France lead 5-2.
FINAL: FRANCE 5 – 2 SWITZERLAND
- Karim Benzema scores a split second after the whistle blows. What. A. Game.
- Full-time stat line…
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- Shane Mosley Jr. Tastes The Bitterness of Defeat
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World