- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- 'Seinfeld Night' Is The Greatest Stadium Promotion Of All-Time
- Why The Spurs Are Truly The Best Team In The League This Year
- What The Hell Is With This Lance Armstrong Instructional Video?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Your Gruesome Soccer Injury Of The Day (Warning: Unpleasant)
Apparently this happened over the weekend in a French soccer league match, but it just came to our attention this afternoon, via USA Today. If you’re not squeamish, you can check it below. If you are squeamish, you can still check it out below, but you probably shouldn’t, being squeamish and all. Are we good? Do we understand each other? Are you not going to press play if you don’t like bad injuries? Good. Here goes:
Ugh. We’d say that at least this came on an attempt at a real soccer play (as opposed to, say, this sort of thing), but the player who performed the slide, Valentin Eysseric, was sent off and is reportedly facing a suspension, so questions about the play’s possible dirtiness persist. Either way, Jeremy Clement, the player with the broken ankle, is (unsurprisingly) out for the season, which would seem to increase the chances of a harsh punishment for Eysseric.
Eysseric was remorseful in the incident’s aftermath, but the damage is done. We don’t think he actually meant to injure Clement, but the play, to say the least, did not end well, and whatever Eysseric’s punishment is, he’ll have gotten off way easier than Clement did. Slide with caution, folks.
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Best I've Faced: Antonio Tarver Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success