- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
One Of America’s Most Hated Men Enlists One Of America’s Most Hated Companies To Sell Clippers
It’s fitting that the Sterlings, one of the most hated names in America at the moment, would reportedly hire one of the most hated banks to handle the dirty business of selling the L.A. Clippers.
Not many companies would be happy to make a buck off of and for Donald Sterling, the nation’s racist grandpa, but Bank of America definitely tops the list of those who say, professionally speaking, “We don’t give a fuck, as long as there’s a stack of paper waiting for us at the end of the road.”
Bank of America Corp. has been retained to sell the Los Angeles Clippers, two people with direct knowledge of the situation said.
The people requested anonymity because the sale process isn’t public.
Jim Nash, a managing director at Bank of America, declined to comment. Pierce O’Donnell, the attorney for Shelly Sterling, wife of team owner Donald Sterling, didn’t immediately respond to a message left at his Los Angeles office prior to business hours.
With rumors swirling that the Clippers could sell for at least $1.8 billion, it behooves the company best known for excessive overdraft fees, slow customer service and client response times and foreclosure horror stories to make more money doing more things that people hate.
Shelly Sterling, not Donald, is the one in charge of selling the team. But everyone knows where most of that money is going. The sooner this is over with, the better. Oprah might be out of the running for the team, but Magic Johnson, Larry Ellison and several others are still on the hunt, and this should drive the price well over the $2 billion mark.
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts