- Broncos Fans Start Petition To Get Phil Simms Off Their TV Broadcasts
- Cardinals' Jonathan Dwyer Arrested For Domestic Violence (With Updates)
- WEEK 3: Grading The 4 Worst ESPN Fantasy Football Projections
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Dennis Rodman Thinks He Should Be Considered For The Nobel Peace Prize, Calls Former Winner Barack Obama ‘The Black Guy’
Dennis Rodman, for better or for worse, is America’s only real liaison to North Korea. Rodman did visit The Hermit Kingdom with VICE for a little basketball diplomacy, and now considers the country’s ruler, Kim Jong-un, a “friend for life.”
But making an historic trip and getting his name back in the papers for a few months wasn’t enough for Rodman. In an interview with Sports Illustrated, he outlined what he’s done to deserve Nobel Peace Prize consideration:
“My mission is to break the ice between hostile countries,” Rodman says. “Why it’s been left to me to smooth things over, I don’t know. Dennis Rodman, of all people. Keeping us safe is really not my job; it’s the black guy’s [Obama's] job. But I’ll tell you this: If I don’t finish in the top three for the next Nobel Peace Prize, something’s seriously wrong.”
Not knowing why it’s your job to “smooth things over”? Referring to your president and a former winner of this same award as “the black guy”? That sounds like a Nobel Prize laureate alright.
If Rodman deserves any kind of award — and he doesn’t — it would be “Most Improved.” Because, according to Rodman: “[b]efore I landed in Pyongyang, I didn’t know Kim Jong-un from Lil’ Kim… I didn’t know what country he ruled or what went on in the country he ruled.” The fact that he knows a dictator from the female member of the Junior M.A.F.I.A. means the Worm has grown leaps and bounds since his trip. Give this man a Most Improved medal and let’s go home.
Photo via Getty
- Filed Under:
- Dennis Rodman
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'