- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Even Mitt Romney Thinks Arizona’s Governor Should Veto The Bill That Could Cost The State Super Bowl XLIX
There’s a bill on the desk of Arizona governor Jan Brewer that will become law in five days if she does not veto it. Senate Bill 1062 would give religious people in Arizona the ability to refuse or restrict services to gay people based on their beliefs.
It’s a highly controversial bill — mostly because it makes us sound like Russia, and this is 2014, and you guys realize this is outright discrimination, yes? — and it appears most people, from the Super Bowl Host Committee to former presidential candidate Mitt Romney, think it needs to be shot down.
According the NFL Network’s Albert Breer, the NFL could consider moving next year’s Super Bowl from the state altogether in protest of the bill. The Arizona Cardinals put out a statement condemning the bill, saying “We do not support anything that has the potential to divide, exclude and discriminate.” State senators in Arizona who voted for the bill, including one of the bill’s co-sponsors, have changed their minds and asked Gov. Brewer to veto.
And just for good measure, here’s what former Massachusetts governor and almost-president Mitt Romney had to say on Twitter:
— Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) February 25, 2014
For the record, Romney is a religious man who opposes gay marriage. If HE thinks you’re going too far with your law — a law that in theory would “protect” him from having to… give a gay guy a cheeseburger? … then maybe you’re taking this thing too far, Arizona.
Photo via Getty
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion