- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Minor League Hockey Team Puts Lincoln On Jersey Next To Bud Light Patch
The Bakersfield Condors, an East Coast Hockey League team in central California, are no strangers to pushing the envelope promotion-wise: In 2011 they held “Charlie Sheen Night”, and in 2012 offered Justin Bieber an entry-level contract.
Now, this: the Condors will commemorate Sunday’s 150th anniversary of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address with these special game jerseys.
— SB Nation (@sbnation) November 6, 2013
Notice the stove pipe hat on the condor logo. And also notice the Bud Light logo in close proximity to Mr. Lincoln … just as he imagined his legacy would be 150 years ago. Corporate America always finds a way to cheapen a noble sentiment.
Meanwhile, in vaguely racist minor league hockey news: whaaaa?
AHL Rockford IceHogs are having their 2nd "Los IceHogs" noche latina with a somewhat questionable sweater pic.twitter.com/74pYUQFl8F
— Phil Hecken (@PhilHecken) November 5, 2013
- Filed Under:
- Gettysburg Address
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story