- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Minor League Hockey Team Puts Lincoln On Jersey Next To Bud Light Patch
The Bakersfield Condors, an East Coast Hockey League team in central California, are no strangers to pushing the envelope promotion-wise: In 2011 they held “Charlie Sheen Night”, and in 2012 offered Justin Bieber an entry-level contract.
Now, this: the Condors will commemorate Sunday’s 150th anniversary of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address with these special game jerseys.
— SB Nation (@sbnation) November 6, 2013
Notice the stove pipe hat on the condor logo. And also notice the Bud Light logo in close proximity to Mr. Lincoln … just as he imagined his legacy would be 150 years ago. Corporate America always finds a way to cheapen a noble sentiment.
Meanwhile, in vaguely racist minor league hockey news: whaaaa?
AHL Rockford IceHogs are having their 2nd "Los IceHogs" noche latina with a somewhat questionable sweater pic.twitter.com/74pYUQFl8F
— Phil Hecken (@PhilHecken) November 5, 2013
- Filed Under:
- Gettysburg Address
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy