- Fantasy Football Offensive Primer For The 2014 NFL Season
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brian Hoyer Is The Starter In Cleveland, But Not For Long
- The NFL's VP Of Officiating Explains The Crazy Spike In Penalties
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Minor League Hockey Team Puts Lincoln On Jersey Next To Bud Light Patch
The Bakersfield Condors, an East Coast Hockey League team in central California, are no strangers to pushing the envelope promotion-wise: In 2011 they held “Charlie Sheen Night”, and in 2012 offered Justin Bieber an entry-level contract.
Now, this: the Condors will commemorate Sunday’s 150th anniversary of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address with these special game jerseys.
— SB Nation (@sbnation) November 6, 2013
Notice the stove pipe hat on the condor logo. And also notice the Bud Light logo in close proximity to Mr. Lincoln … just as he imagined his legacy would be 150 years ago. Corporate America always finds a way to cheapen a noble sentiment.
Meanwhile, in vaguely racist minor league hockey news: whaaaa?
AHL Rockford IceHogs are having their 2nd "Los IceHogs" noche latina with a somewhat questionable sweater pic.twitter.com/74pYUQFl8F
— Phil Hecken (@PhilHecken) November 5, 2013
- Filed Under:
- Gettysburg Address
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?