- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
‘Gays = Nazis’ – Russia
We’ve covered Russia’s anti-gay laws and their relation to the 2014 Sochi Olympics for quite a while, and the news just keeps getting worse. We even podcasted about it. Now the “gays are bad” rhetoric has gotten even worse.
In an interview with World Football Insider, the country’s World Cup chief chose some interesting words to defend the legislation, which bans “propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations.”
Among other things, Alexey Sorokin put gays in the same category as Nazis.
“The Olympics and World Cup are not a stage for various views …,” he told the Internet publication. “Not for Nazis, not for any other ways of life.”
According to Russian law, homosexuality is equivalent to genocide. This logic makes no sense, even for any breed of idiot or bigot, and I’ll leave it at that.
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts