- Broncos Fans Start Petition To Get Phil Simms Off Their TV Broadcasts
- Cardinals' Jonathan Dwyer Arrested For Domestic Violence (With Updates)
- WEEK 3: Grading The 4 Worst ESPN Fantasy Football Projections
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
‘Gays = Nazis’ – Russia
We’ve covered Russia’s anti-gay laws and their relation to the 2014 Sochi Olympics for quite a while, and the news just keeps getting worse. We even podcasted about it. Now the “gays are bad” rhetoric has gotten even worse.
In an interview with World Football Insider, the country’s World Cup chief chose some interesting words to defend the legislation, which bans “propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations.”
Among other things, Alexey Sorokin put gays in the same category as Nazis.
“The Olympics and World Cup are not a stage for various views …,” he told the Internet publication. “Not for Nazis, not for any other ways of life.”
According to Russian law, homosexuality is equivalent to genocide. This logic makes no sense, even for any breed of idiot or bigot, and I’ll leave it at that.
- Filed Under:
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'