- The 38 Sexiest Photos Of This Year's Pro Bowl Cheerleaders
- The USC Swim Team Sent Outsports A Very Interesting Christmas Card
- This Is What Happens In A World Where Miley Cyrus Almost Wins Time's 'Person Of The Year'
- Deadspin Knowingly Released Information That Got The Tony Dungy-USC Prankster Arrested
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Would You Believe That The Tour de France Only Now Has Its First Black Rider?
Quick: if I asked you whether or not a black cyclist had ever competed in the Tour de France, what would your answer be? Keep in mind, they’ve been doing this thing since 1903.
Your answer would be yes, because at some point over the last 108 years, you would have figured a black rider would have had to have competed in the Tour, if not for no other reason than the fact that a color barrier of any sort exisiting in 2011 sounds so weird.
And (surprise!) the welcome mat hasn’t exactly been laid out for him.
“I had to deal with a few problems and contact sponsors of two foreign teams about it. After the doping incidents, I couldn’t let racism be part of cycling.”
Gene, 30, is currently in 125th place.
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- Top 15 2014 NFL Draft Quarterback Prospects
- Pacquiao's Speed, Not Power, Bothered Rios Most
- Flight Under Arm of Christ Statue in Rio