- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Did 'Jeopardy' Take A Shot At Barry Bonds?
- Holy Crap! Look At These Before-And-After Photos Of Maradona
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Andy Pettitte and Derek Jeter came to the mound to take the ball from Mariano Rivera for the final time at Yankee Stadium. Rivera was pulled with two outs in the ninth and walked off, and on, and off again to a rousing ovation.
The Yankees lost to the Rays last night, at home, 8-3 (and the Indians won, too). That means for only the second time in 19 years, the Yankees will not participate in the playoffs. That’s a sad reality for Yankees fans to swallow, but the fact that Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera won’t pitch the playoffs before retirement is a bummer for all fans of the game.