- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Week 15: Fantasy Football FLEX Rankings: Start Or Sit Your Risky Players?
- This Is How Gary Payton Does The Highlights
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
First rule of fight club: Don’t talk about fight club
Second rule of fight club: You have to be able to stand up to fight
It wasn’t shaping up as a particularly eventful World baseball Classic game: Canada was having its way with Mexico, leading 9-3 in the ninth inning. But apparently some bad blood festered during an otherwise routine win, and Mexican pitcher Arnold Leon took it out on Canada’s Pete Orr. The Canadians did not take kindly to this. The result is after the jump.
The No. 3 Ranked NJCAA Basketball Program Was Suspended Because Its School President Bailed A Player Out Of Jail
Indian Hills Community College President Jim Lindenmeyer came to guard Ronald Ross’ rescue, bailing him out of jail after this brawl, though the move was not without its consequences. NJCAA does not allow college officials to post bail for its athletes, so 26-4 Indian Hills, the No. 3 ranked NJCAA Division I men’s basketball team in the country, is now ineligible for the postseason, in essence ending their season.
Much has been made recently of NASCAR’s declining popularity. What can the sport do to regain fans? Well, I’m far from a NASCAR expert, but I’m thinking a few more moments like the giant fight you’ll see after the jump could be a big help.
1) Player makes slightly egregious etiquette violation.
2) Both teams leave their benches and engage in some lackluster pushing and shoving to keep up appearances.
3) A few players continue to actually fight while everyone stands around.
Some mornings, you just don’t feel quite right. If you live in the eastern U.S., maybe you’re fretting over this Hurricane Irene business. Maybe the reported Derek Jeter-Minka Kelly breakup has shaken your faith in true love. And if you, reader, are one of those people who’s just not feeling ready to attack the day, we’ve got just the thing: a video, after the jump, of some rugby players trying to beat the crap out of one another.