- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Most athletes spend their offseasons doing cliched things like golfing, fishing, hunting and mostly every other gerund you can think of. Thanks to Mark Teixiera’s recent turn in “Rock of Ages”, you can now add acting [in a Broadway musical] to the list.
Basketball and Broadway aren’t exactly a natural pair. But neither were Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, subjects of the new play Magic/Bird opening April 11 in New York City. What results isn’t a masterpiece of a production, however the sports elements of the show are rich with both reality and nostalgia.
Those looking for a biography of Vince Lombardi would best stick to David Maraniss’s When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi, the book on which this play is based. For a different look into the man’s private life and soul, though, this 95-minute version does have its highlights.