- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Most athletes spend their offseasons doing cliched things like golfing, fishing, hunting and mostly every other gerund you can think of. Thanks to Mark Teixiera’s recent turn in “Rock of Ages”, you can now add acting [in a Broadway musical] to the list.
Basketball and Broadway aren’t exactly a natural pair. But neither were Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, subjects of the new play Magic/Bird opening April 11 in New York City. What results isn’t a masterpiece of a production, however the sports elements of the show are rich with both reality and nostalgia.
Those looking for a biography of Vince Lombardi would best stick to David Maraniss’s When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi, the book on which this play is based. For a different look into the man’s private life and soul, though, this 95-minute version does have its highlights.