- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Most athletes spend their offseasons doing cliched things like golfing, fishing, hunting and mostly every other gerund you can think of. Thanks to Mark Teixiera’s recent turn in “Rock of Ages”, you can now add acting [in a Broadway musical] to the list.
Basketball and Broadway aren’t exactly a natural pair. But neither were Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, subjects of the new play Magic/Bird opening April 11 in New York City. What results isn’t a masterpiece of a production, however the sports elements of the show are rich with both reality and nostalgia.
Those looking for a biography of Vince Lombardi would best stick to David Maraniss’s When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi, the book on which this play is based. For a different look into the man’s private life and soul, though, this 95-minute version does have its highlights.