- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The city of Buffalo is best known for… um… well… the city of Buffalo is known. They do have chicken wings, and hockey, and not much else. That’s why we feel for teams like the Bills and Sabres — they are beacons of light in an otherwise uninspiring city. So when the Sabres go 21-21 in a shortened NHL season, miss the playoffs (again) and then raise ticket prices on fans, things are going to be a little uneasy.
This afternoon, Patrick Kaleta of the Sabres will get on the phone with the NHL, and have a talk about a play from the third period of last night’s shootout loss to the Rangers. At some point during that call, the NHL will suspend him for that play. While the suspension won’t be any more than five games, make no mistake: there will be a suspension. This is that play. So… what should the suspension be? The floor is yours. [Puck Daddy]
The Bruins’ Shawn Thornton is a classic enforcer. That’s why he’s stuck around with the Bruins over the last several years after drifting between minor leagues and the NHL for much of his career – he knows how to fight. But the sabres’ John Scott also knows how to fight. And John Scott is huge.
Meet Lenny Palumbo. He writes for the Niagara Falls Reporter, a weekly paper in western New York. And he’s awfully worried that the gays might be taking over hockey. Exactly what he said is after the jump.
Last night, the Buffalo Sabres clinched a playoff spot with a 4-3 overtime win over the Philadelphia Flyers…and the game-winning goal wasn’t even the highlight.