- TOP 13 DUNKS OF 2013-14: Nevada's Deonte Burton Dropped A Yammer
- APOCALYPSE?: A Sports Commissioner Admitted A Mistake And Made Up For It
- Chelsea Handler Claims To Have Talked A Lot Of Shit To A-Rod's Face
- Kirk Cousins Said He'd Welcome Gay Teammate Because 'Nobody's Perfect'
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Duke and Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski showed up to talk to students camping out for basketball tickets yesterday, and relayed a really strange anecdote about the time he met Beyonce and how she made him feel like a little kid.
Over the summer, various rumblings had Mike Krzyzewski stepping down from his position as head coach of USA basketball. Moments ago on ESPN Radio’s “Mike & Mike In The Morning,” Coach K confirmed that fate: beginning this summer, Jerry Colangelo and the rest of USA basketball will hunt for a new coach for the World Championships in Madrid in 2014.
No. 2 Duke beat unranked UNC in a fairly close game last night, at home. For some reason, fans thought it a good time to rush the court – but not Coach K.
When asked about Jalen Rose’s “Uncle Tom” comments, Mike Krzyzewski said he didn’t want to discuss it … and then he immediately discussed it.
The 1972 Olympic gold medal basketball game, won by the U.S.S.R. over the U.S.A., is among the most controversial Olympic moments of all time. The U.S. and Russian coaches at the FIBA have different views on who deserved to win. This could be good.
Greg Paulus had an impressive two-sport college career, and the recent news that he’s taking a (basketball) assistant coaching position at Navy intrigues us, because it reminds us of how a certain renowned coach – one Paulus played for – got his start.