- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Drake Lint-Rolling During Nets-Raptors Game Is The Most Drake Thing Ever
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Arkansas Has A New Logo That Looks Like Pumbaa From The Lion King
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The NHL has been locked out for 2 months and 19 days, which is to say that it’s been way too long since we’ve seen some hockey. For the players, whose has employment has been put on hold, there’s really not much to do. So Dustin Penner of the Los Angeles Kings is interning for Conan on TBS.
While professional athletes are supposed to be in peak physical condition, preventing injuries and maximizing performance, we see a lot of bizarre injuries in their community. Some of them (like Tony Parker’s) are not always the fault of the athlete’s. But sometimes, athletes get injured in the downright dumbest, and funniest ways.
Note: Many professional athletes were hurt physically and emotionally in the making of this slideshow.
All Los Angeles Kings left wing Dustin Penner wanted to do was eat some pancakes. And who wouldn’t want to do that, with a stack of the things sitting right in front of you? Penner’s wife had just whipped some up, and he was ready to dig in. And then, it all went wrong.
Last week, we talked about a pretty intense fight from the NHL’s opening night, in a game between the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers. Last night, the two teams faced off again, and there was another notable moment of physical pain.