- Here Are The NHL First-Round Playoff Results, Based On Best Goalie Masks
- Chris Cooley Insists That RG3 Is Going To Dominate The NFL Next Year
- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Gael Monfils is awesome because he doesn’t actually care about tennis and just wants to give SportsGrid funny video clips to post. (Or alternatively: This is Gael Monfils being Gael Monfils.)
Gael Monfils is arguably the best athlete in tennis today, or ever. It’s cliche to say that he could’ve been a star in any sport, but like, seriously, you’re telling me he couldn’t have been a long jumper or sprinter or shooting guard or goalkeeper or gymnast or acrobat or wide receiver or crocodile hunter or anything he put his mind to! Monfils always slides like this, even on hard courts, but holy ESCARGOT sliding at full-sprint into a fully-extended, spaghetti-armed tweener is probably the craziest shot I’ve ever seen in tennis. Stay healthy, you damn freak.
Tennis matches are normally fairly reserved affairs, with spectators acting in a relatively dignified manner and respecting the match as it unfolds. At the Australian Open, however, someone decided that an already exciting match needed a little more spice, and threw one of the large autograph balls on the court, actually hitting the ball in play.
Sometimes, life’s tender moments occur when you least expect them to. From Grigor Dimitrov and Gael Monfils’ opening round match at the US Open last night.