- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Twinkies are a rare commodity these days, what with Hostess closing up shop and all. And people are naturally upset about it because Twinkies are delicious and delicious things are good. The Inland Empire 66ers, the Single-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Angeles, understand this, and are therefore hosting a “Farewell to Twinkies Night” on April 5th.
If Hostess Really Does Shut Down, This Orioles Pitching Prospect Who Eats Four Mini-Doughnuts Between Each Inning Is Totally Screwed
Baltimore Orioles pitching prospect Kevin Gausman is a man of superstition. Besides subscribing to the normal do-this-tie-that-step-there ritual, he has some mid-game quirks as well. Okay so really it’s just snacking on delicious Hostess “donettes,” which are mini powdered doughnuts. But this snacking is a systematic demolition, specifically four donettes between each inning.
Earlier today, Hostess, the manufacturer of beloved food-like substances ranging from Twinkies and Ding Dongs to Wonder Bread, announced it was officially winding down operations, blaming a widespread strike that the bankrupt company said it couldn’t weather. This news took the internet by storm, because anything that makes people nostalgic takes the internet by storm. And sportspeople were far from immune. Evidence after the jump.