- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Earlier today, Hostess, the manufacturer of beloved food-like substances ranging from Twinkies and Ding Dongs to Wonder Bread, announced it was officially winding down operations, blaming a widespread strike that the bankrupt company said it couldn’t weather. This news took the internet by storm, because anything that makes people nostalgic takes the internet by storm. And sportspeople were far from immune. Evidence after the jump.
From now until December 30th, we’ll be going through our favorite oopsies from the year that was. So come and join us, won’t you, as we count down the Top Ten Sports Media Gaffes of the Year! Today’s gaffe: hockey analyst Jeremy Roenick gets emotional.
The Chicago Blackhawks certainly picked a good time to notch the first win by a road team of the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals – the Blackhawks defeated the Philadelphia Flyers in overtime last night on an extremely hard-to-see goal, clinching the franchise’s first Stanley Cup in 49 years.